INTRODUCING WELLNESS COACHING with Tier III Trainer, Adrian WegengThe English term "coach" is derived from a medium of transport that traces its origins to the Hungarian word kocsi meaning "carriage" that was named after the village where it was first made. Coaching thus, has been used in language to describe the process used to transport people from where they are, to where they want to be. Professional coaches have long been recognized for their skills in helping athletes and executives perform at their best. Now professional wellness coaches are helping people reach their best health and well-being.
Wellness coaches are practitioners and life-long students of a vibrant new field: coaching psychology, which integrates more than fifteen other fields. Coaching psychology, in part, is the relational vehicle for implementing the tenets of positive psychology, a field focused on the scientific study of happiness and well-being. Wellness coaches are trained to help clients develop and implement personal wellness plans by:
- Accepting and meeting you where you are today
- Asking you to take charge
- Guiding you in doing the mindful thinking and doing work that builds confidence
- Helping you define a higher purpose for wellness and uncover our natural impulse to be well
- Helping you tap into our innate fighting spirit
- Addressing mental and physical health together
- Helping you draw a personal wellness blueprint
- Helping you set realistic goals; small victories lay the foundation for self-efficacy
- Harnessing the strengths you need to overcome our obstacles
- Helping you view obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- Helping you build a support team
- Inspiring and challenging you to go beyond what you would do alone
The process of wellness coaching progresses through several stages:
You provide background information through an online well-being assessment so that you and your coach are well informed on the key issues, including medical considerations.
During the first 60-90 minute coaching session, you identify your priorities and develop a personal wellness vision, three-month plan and realistic goals.
In subsequent 30-45 minute coaching sessions, each week, month, or quarter, you and your coach review the progress toward your vision and goals, explore and resolve the most pressing issues, learn something new, and then agree on a set of goals for the following week. You will enjoy plenty of ah-ha insights along the way.
By the end of three months, you can expect to reach more than 70% of your three-month goals and feel energized and confident to embark on new areas. By the end of a year you can count on changing your mindset and behavior for good.
WELLNESS COACHING with Adrian WegengTier III Trainer & Certified Wellness Coach
Don't let your New Year's Resolutions slip away. Wellness coaching can help!
A Complimentary 90-Initial Session is included with the purchase of a package.
3 sessions - $167
12 sessions - $595
Contact Adrian at for more info or to schedule an appointment. New clients only.